We are committed to running a responsible and environmentally friendly business. The points below show some of the steps we are taking in order to achieve this:
- When traveling on long journeys, we use public transport.
- For short journeys, we try to walk or use a bicycle when possible.
- When driving, we car-share when possible - this cuts down on our CO2 emissions.
- We drive within the speed limit. This not only saves petrol, but also increases road safety.
Home & Office
- When not in use, all our electrical equipment is turned off at the plug - we don’t leave anything on standby.
- Our brightness on our monitor and laptop screens are turned down in order to conserve energy.
- Whilst working, we only turn lights on if absolutely necessary (i.e. during the evening and night). We always try to work with visible daylight through the windows where possible (which can be easier said than done when it comes to the UK weather!).
- When our mobile phones, camera equipment, and laptop computers are fully charged, we unplug the chargers and use the items until they require charging again. This not only saves energy, but also prolongs battery life in our equipment.
- We have turned our heating and water thermostats to their lowest settings. If we feel cold, we put a jumper on before turning on the heating.
- When purchasing electrical equipment, we ensure we check their energy ratings to see how efficient they are and this is a factor in our decision making.
- When boiling the kettle for a cup of tea or coffee, we only fill the kettle with the amount of water we need, so saving electricity.
- We use energy saving lightbulbs.
- We are carbon offsetting our websites and mobile phones.
- We use recycled paper and envelopes.
- We only print if absolutely necessary. Instead, we view documents and emails on the computer screen in order to save paper.
- We re-use all our old print-outs as scrap paper - so both sides of the paper gets used.
- When we have finished with our paper, we recycle it.
- We only shred sensitive or confidential paper in order to save electricity. Of course, it goes without saying that our shredder is unplugged when not in use.
- We recycle our rubbish - including paper, plastics, and green waste.
- We try to use all the food we buy and not waste it. Any excess food is recycled where possible.
- When purchasing food, we always opt for ingredients that are produced in the UK as opposed to those produced half way around the World.
- We avoid purchasing items with excessive packaging.
- We buy fair-trade tea and coffee.